Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mid Winter Blues

The only things left in my pantry from last years garden are some dried beans, a pumpkin, and a few jars of green tomato chutney. Luke doesn't like the sweet and savory taste of the chutney and I can only eat so much of it, so we still have plenty. Its times like this when I miss going out to the garden to pick fresh greens and carrots for a crisp salad.

We've been searching on craigslist for used greenhouses for the past few weeks and finally found something we are going to check out in person. With a greenhouse we can start plants earlier and extend the season. I've even read about the possibility of a four season harvest. I must buy this book!


Photobucket

Here is the greenhouse we are going to see. We would have to label the parts, disassemble it and reassemble it on the farm. New kits are ten thousand dollars or more for something this large, so hopefully our hard work will save us money.

Photobucket

No comments: