Sunday, February 1, 2009

February- at least it's not January...

Some garden news:

The other half of my seeds came in the mail yesterday! I ordered 1,000 spinach seeds-wow.

We went and looked at the greenhouse in person and decided it wouldn't be right for our farm. It was enormous! Also, it needed to be disassembled within the next few weeks, but we are under 2 feet of snow here and it just didn't seem feasible.

However, we did buy 10 industrial food grade barrels to turn into rain water storage. That's 550 gallons of water!

I hung my springtime forsythia wreath on the door, even though we have a ways to go. I know this is the time of year to force forsythia too, but I can't remember where there is any to pick in this city. If you have it in your yard, go pick some and stick it in water. You'll have cheery yellow blossoms before you know it!

Photobucket
image from learn2grow

No comments: